Please read all of the illustrated instructions and watch the video prior to taking your teeth impression.
You must mix the putty, spread the putty in the tray, and have the tray inserted into your mouth in less than 2 minutes or the putty will harden not allowing for accurate impressions.
1. Take 1 purple putty and 1 white putty from the supplied container. The putty should not be warmer than room temperature, so be sure it is not before mixing.
2. Mix the 1 purple putty and the 1 white putty together with your fingers until it becomes a solid purple. This should be completed in no more than 40 seconds.
3. When the putty becomes a solid purple with no more white showing, then stop mixing. Do not continue to mix once it is a solid purple or the putty will harden too fast.
7. Insert the putty filled tray and center it over your teeth.
8. Use both thumbs to push evenly straight up on the tray until your teeth almost hit the bottom of the tray. The most common mistake is that the teeth are not deep enough in the putty.
9. Keep the impression tray and putty on over your teeth for 5 full minutes so that the putty can fully harden. If you remove the tray before the full 5 minutes, the impression will be distorted and your completed teeth device will not fit properly.
10. After the 5 minutes is up, first push up on the handle of the tray to break the suction and then you will pull the tray down off of your teeth by using the plastic stem as shown.
Notice how the teeth are centered and not too close to the edges of the tray.
Notice how the teeth are deep in the putty and almost touching the bottom of the tray.
Notice how the palate is captured in the impression because when the teeth are pushed deep in the putty, the putty gets pushed up into the palate.